.AL Domain Registration Rules
A .al domain name can be composed of 3 to 55 alphanumeric characters: letters A to Z, numbers 0 to 9 and the sign: minus “-”.
There cannot be registered:
- domain names composed of only one character (format x.al);
- domain names composed of only two characters (format xy.al);
- domain names that start or end with the sign minus “-” (format -xy.al, or xy-.al);
- domain names with more than 55 characters;
- domain names that start with two whatever alpha numerical characters followed by two minuses( format “xy--.al”).
Applicant of a .al domain can be an entity (physical person, business or other organization) based or not in Albania.
For registrations in subdomains “.com.al, .org.al, .net.al, .edu.al”, an Albanian applicant has to prove first that he belongs to the corresponding organization category in Albania. For non-resident in Albania applicants, registrations in these subdomains are made through the Albanian Domains trustee service, hence no additional documents are required.
The applicant has to accompany his application with supporting documentation proving the fulfilment of the conditions set by the Albanian Registry (AKEP) Regulation, if required by the latter.
Domain names identical with the names of villages, towns, cities, districts or regions of Albania cannot be registered.
For detailed specifications on General Rules, please, click here.